This is a project of the simple wheel. Since factory made wheels prizes are not very attractive (10€ for a piece of plastic does not look good), it’s cheaper to make it yourself. The wheel is optimized to be printed on 3D printer.
- Outer diameter: ∅65mm (2.56 inch)
- Shaft: ∅4mm
- Width: 10mm
- Wall thickness: 3mm
- Weight: 20g
- Material: ABS
How to make
You need 3D printer like Reprap Prusa, Makerbot or any other.
- 1x M3 nut
- 1x M3×10 screw
- 20mm wide piece of bicycle tube
- Download attached STL file Robot_wheel_A2.STL and print it.
- Some printers make smaller holes then in project. Drill hole ∅4mm (or ∅5mm if you like) to fit your needs.
- Put small M3 nut into square hole.
- Screw M3×10 into nut.
- Put piece of gum as a tire. In the reference project 20mm wide bicycle inner tube was used.
Smooth backside of the wheel is ideal to stick encoder pattern.